The School Partnership Program offers middle and high schools in New York City the opportunity to enhance their modern dance programming with the Graham Technique and to integrate Graham into curricula in compliance with the New York State Learning Standards for the Arts, the NY Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts, and the Common Core State Standards. The Martha Graham served as a professional development facilitator (Grade 12) for the Blueprint, which is used by schools throughout New York State.
- Planning sessions to identify artistic and academic goals
- Classroom teaching by trained teaching artists
- Program-appropriate field trips
- Formative and summative assessment
- Professional development
- Performances for friends, family, and invited guests
- Attendance at open rehearsals by the Martha Graham Dance Company and/or Graham 2
We offer partnerships ranging from one-hour workshops to extended year-long residencies. We will work with each individual school to specifically tailor each program according to the needs and resources of its students and faculty. Current partners include: Talent Unlimited High School, Bronx Dance Academy, Frank Sinatra School of the Arts, the Urban Assembly School for the Performing Arts, P.S. 107 John W. Kimball School, and Susan E. Wagner High School.
For more information, contact Jennifer Patten, Head of School, at 212.229.9200 ext. 32 or firstname.lastname@example.org.